Add port number to URL filter for available logins

Comments

• sandeen
    sandeen
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

I'd like to ask for this as well. It's such a trivial change, and for the average 1password user it would be transparent (virtually no public services are on non-standard http ports)

Please, just make it happen.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, @sandeen! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• lucas3d
    lucas3d
    Community Member

I'm loving 1Password!
    But I have many services on the same server.
    It will be fantastic to get 1password use the port number to help autofill my login and password.
    For now, I need to find the correct entry in a very long list :-(

Hoping to see this implemented soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020

Thank you for the feedback as well @lucas3d! I have added your thoughts to the list of customers who would like to see this :+1:

• mbukov
    mbukov
    Community Member

I would also like to see the port number considered. At least as a factor that's used for sorting auto-fill suggestions (so the most appropriate entry is listed first).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your thoughts @mbukov, feedback noted :+1:

• agramakov
    agramakov
    Community Member

Count me too. I have a lot of sites with the same domain on my work and at home.

• :+1: Done!

• jzafra
    jzafra
    Community Member

Hello
    I am in the process of migrating from Bitwarden and there are features that I love about 1Password, but as indicated earlier in addition to developers when you are in a corporate environment and there is an internal private web network where the domain is the same this lack of url filtering becomes and issue
    Is there an ETA for this feature?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

We don't have an ETA for this yet @jzafra I am afraid, but I have let our developers know that you would like to see this :+1:

• bombask
    bombask
    Community Member

Hate to add to the list of "me too" posts.. buuut for about a year I've thought I've been doing something wrong, a setting turned off or something.
    But today I decided to google the issue, and seems it's just not a thing, so yeah, I too would love to see this (please). 🤞

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in @bombask :+1:

• m82akash
    m82akash
    Community Member

Please implement this feature. Many of us have multiple services on same URL with different port numbers. Its very inconvenient to see a long list of suggested logins because the port number is not considered by 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback as well @m82akash, noted :+1:

• t22design
    t22design
    Community Member

This would be incredibly useful. I've got a couple of Raspberry Pis running a number of docker containers etc. and having to scroll through the list of available logins for 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.1.101 isn't ideal.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the example use case @t22design !

• Norgul
    Norgul
    Community Member

As a developer I have a ton of servers which are IP's running different services on different ports. This feature would be great!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Definitely. Thanks for chiming in @Norgul :+1:

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member

I'd like to +1 this feature. I have instances like this where I get multiple results and what I really want to do is have an option in the 1Password entry to say only ever match this on exact URLs.

The particular instance I come up against this is an authenticated site where I need to put some additional auth in on specific pages sometimes. But the overall site is the same URL.

I'd really like to be able to specify in the object to match only on the exact URL(s).

Either that, or there needs to be some heuristics that read the full URL, and then weight the match. So that if there's a stronger or exact match, that gets defaulted to the top position (selected for auto fill).

Same thing should happen for multiples (e.g. if you have lots of GMail accounts)... the ones used more often or most recently should default to the top.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Thank you for letting us know @warpspeed, and for the specific example :+1:

• davmc
    davmc
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

+1 on this too. I have a similar use case to others with stuff hosted locally on different port numbers. I'm still using the 1Password classic extension due to the lack of support for port matching on the new one. I almost switched today with the release of 2.0.4 and Windows Hello support. Hopefully this could get sorted soon then I can move to the new extension.

• @davmc

Thanks for chiming in. Indeed, this one is a hot topic. I'll be happy to add your name to this feature request as well. Hopefully we'll see some positive changes in an upcoming release.

• Law51
    Law51
    Community Member

+1 for me. It's so janky to scroll all the way down to log in to Unraid. I've dockerized everything and all my 20 web servers are on the same IP with different ports. Unraid begins with a "U" so I must scroll down the entire list to fill my credentials.

Yes, you can search for it, but I want a fast autofill and not "type the name, arrow down, enter"
    Please implement this. Just a simple "match full domain" checkbox can't be that hard.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

Noted @Law51, thank you!

• casraf
    casraf
    Community Member

+1 to this, as a developer I use different ports on localhost all the time, and I have about 10 password appearing for me on every one of them. It would be useful, IF one specifies a port in the URL, to only match with the same port. I've been using 1Password for years, and during ALL this time, this was my #1 problem with the app. Other than that it's amazing. I really wish this to be added.

• ag_chantelle
    edited September 2021

@casraf

Thanks for chiming in. I can definitely see how, as a developer, this would be an essential feature. I'll be sure to add your name to the list of users who would like to see this realized.

• ctaranto
    ctaranto
    Community Member

+1 for me. I have a handful of servers (Emby, Home Assistant, NextCloud, ZoneMinder, etc.) running on the same domain but different ports. It's messy when I have to scroll through the list of logins when it should be obvious which one I want based on the port.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @ctaranto, noted for you too :+1:

• michaelyork
    michaelyork
    Community Member

Man, this has been bugging me for years but never took the time to post a request. Glad to see so many others in the same boat. +1!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)