edit feature has disappeared since using version 7, using MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Options
KateLH
KateLH
Community Member

I use a free version of 1password. Since upgrading to using version 7 I have been unable to edit or add any of the categories, such as logins or security. I can access the vault and all my existing logins. Until recently the safari extension still worked and I could create a new password and the system would save it. However I don't have this functionally any more since one of the later updates. Will updating to Mac OS Catalina sort this out? I can't go any further as my Mac is too old. My dad uses the same as me except he had updated to Catalina and he has the full functionality of editing and adding new passwords.
I am considering paying for this for my family, but wanted to make sure I get full functionality before doing this as don't want to pay and then find I still have a problem.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:edit feature has disappeared since using version 7, using MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KateLH! Welcome to the forum!

1Password is not a free product, it requires a license or a subscription to be able to edit and add new items. Therefore, can you please clarify how you are using a free version of 1Password at the moment? Before switching to a Families account, it will be useful to know how your app is currently configured.

• KateLH
    KateLH
    Community Member
    Options

sorry, my mistake on the wording. I paid for the app way back but I don't subscribe - hence my free comment. My dad did exactly the same (paid for app but doesn't subscribe), but he has the edit and add new items functionality. Only difference being he's on the later Mac operating system.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KateLH:

Understood, thank you for the confirmation! From your first post, I see that you are running 1Password version 7.7. If you bought the app way back, as you said, perhaps you bought a license for a previous version of 1Password. Is it possible that you purchased a license for 1Password 6?

• KateLH
    KateLH
    Community Member
    Options

I've found my original receipt and I bought it back in 2014, version 4.4! I was not aware at the time that I would have to pay for any future versions/updates.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KateLH:

1Password 5 and 1Password 6 were free upgrades if you already had a license, but 1Password 7 was a paid upgrade. So in your case, you need to make sure that you are using a version of the 1Password app that is covered by your license (in your case, the latest version of the 1Password app you can use is 6.8.9). If you installed 1Password 7 instead, that would explain why the app is read only.

With a 1Password Membership, you will be able to use the latest version of 1Password on all your devices, but if you want to configure everything on a working app before you do that, make sure you download 1Password 6 until you are subscribed.

This discussion has been closed.