Does/can the Emergency Kit send a notification?

Options
Dmnkly
Dmnkly
Community Member

Howdy, all!

I'd like to leave an emergency kit with a friend of family member for those just in case scenarios, and while I trust whoever I'm giving it to, I'm a little concerned about what could happen in the unlikely event that they lost the kit or if it were stolen.

So if the emergency kit is used to access the account, is any kind of notification sent to the account manager? In other words, if somebody I didn't want to access my account got a hold of the emergency kit, could they use it without my knowledge? I suppose a notification wouldn't prevent a bad actor from accessing my vault and quickly locking me out, but I'd at least like to be able to prevent a situation where somebody could pick my digital pocket over a period of time without my knowledge. Is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Dmnkly,

You would receive a notification by email whenever a new device is signed into your account. You can see what this would look like by using your browser in private / incognito mode and signing in using our web app at https://my.1password.com/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Dmnkly
    Dmnkly
    Community Member
    Options

Ah! Hadn't thought about the new device notification. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome @Dmnkly, even if a bit late :P

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.