Sync problem with Primary vault

This discussion was created from comments split from: Vault Sync Problem.

Comments

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

I just ran into the same problem but with my Primary vault. Changes from my iPhone are not syncing to my Mac...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wavesound!

My apologies for the late reply, your message slipped through the cracks for some reason :(

I have split your comment into a separate discussion because you are using a different sync method than the original poster. Since you mentioned that your sync issues are with the Primary vault, it means that you are syncing your data with a third-party sync method, not directly via 1Password.com.

What sync method are you currently using?

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

@ag_ana I thought I had responded to this for some reason... At the moment, I am using 1Password.com for Business and for Families.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound:

Thank you for the update! 1Password.com can only sync 1Password accounts, such as Business, Families and Individual accounts. Primary vaults don't sync to 1Password.com, they instead sync to iCloud or Dropbox (or nowhere at all, if you have decided not to enable sync for them).

Since you mentioned that your sync issue is with the Primary vault, can you confirm what sync issue you are using for that vault specifically?

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

@ag_ana I didn't say that I was using a local vault. I'm only using 1Password.com vaults for storing passwords/items.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021

@wavesound:

I am sorry, I don't follow. This is what you wrote in your first post:

I just ran into the same problem but with my Primary vault.

Is this not true anymore? Primary vaults are not synced with 1Password.com. They are either not synced at all, or synced with iCloud or Dropbox. Therefore, can you please confirm that you still see a Primary vault, and what sync method this specific vault uses?

Your other vaults might be syncing to 1Password.com, but since the problem seems to be with this Primary vault, we need to ignore your other vaults at the moment, and focus on this one which you mentioned is the problem.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Ah, I didn't realize that "Primary Vault" was a 1Password-specific reference. In my view, my default Vault is my primary vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound:

No worries at all, I understand what you mean now :+1: I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how your app is configured so we can avoid confusion.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

@ag_ana

I think this issue is known. But it keeps breaking my workflow. Why has this not been prioritized since it is causing random login failures for me and I have no idea when this failure occurs until I need the password?

https://1password.community/discussion/117796/items-not-syncing-to-from-ios-to-mac-os-via-1pw-for-families

• @wavesound

Please see my reply in the other topic.

This discussion has been closed.