Support for Vivaldi Browser

Comments

• MoosMas
    MoosMas
    Community Member

Any news on this? I also switched to 1Password recently but can't get it to work with Vivaldi on Android.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No news since my last post last week @MoosMas, but I have mentioned your request to the developers too :+1:

• deejee
    deejee
    Community Member

Is there anyway of telling us even this will ever be implemented? For me it would be a reason to switch back to Lastpass or something, if this is not fixed at the end of my subscription term.

• Hi @deejee, you'll be able to tell by looking at our changelog whether it's been implemented.

Feel free to try out 1Password with a different browser, we support other popular browsers (and some variations of them) such as FireFox, Chrome, Brave, and Edge. :)

• deejee
    deejee
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. But in the changelog I can only see what has been changed with a new version. My question is, whether this is something which will be fixed in the future. The changelog doesn't answer that question :). Furthermore, I would like to use Vivaldi (for Android) and not another browser, because of privacy reasons.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@deejee:

We don't have a list of things that will be fixed in the future, sorry! Your best option will be to look at the changelog to see what actually has been implemented in the recent versions :+1:

• GameBurrow
    GameBurrow
    Community Member

Waiting for this also.

• Hey @GameBurrow, thanks for waiting! I've noted your request to our developers as well.

• keith58924
    keith58924
    Community Member

Another long-time 1pass user waiting for this to be implemented. Please add Vivaldi support!

• @keith58924, thanks for reaching out! I'll note your request to our development team as well.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

+1 From here. Keeps me back for actually using vivaldi on Android. Still haven't figured out which side (you or Vivaldi) is to blame...

• @jimger, thank you for letting us know! Your request has been documented to our developers as well.

• deejee
    deejee
    Community Member

So, in a few months my 1password subscription will end. If this isn't fixed by then, i'm afraid I will start looking for another Password manager...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am sorry to hear that @deejee, but we appreciate the feedback! I have let our developers know :)

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

I think I saw Vivaldi developers have reached your developers in order to implement support for vivaldi. How that goes?

• Hey @jimger, thanks for bringing this to our attention! Where did you see that the Vivaldi developers have reached out to us?

• @jimger, thank you for the link. It looks like they're still in contact, so we appreciate your patience during this time :)

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

Sure thing. So do u confirm that you are in discussion on that? I mean that you have some Android developer looking into it? It seems Vivaldi has some kind of problem getting "approved" to use autofill service or so, but I read somewhere that bitwarden developer just needed to add 10 lines of code for all vivaldi versions (stable, canary etc)

• Hi @jimger. We don't discuss our development plans publicly, so I can't give you more information, I'm afraid. However, we do have an issue opened internally regarding support for Vivaldi, and our developers are indeed aware of this request.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#63

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member

I'm also looking forward to this support!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @nukmicah, noted!

• Ido
    Ido
    Community Member

Any update? Really hoping a solution is coming soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No updates yet @Ido, but I have logged your request too :+1:

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#63

• rolle
    rolle
    Community Member

I need this too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know as well :+1:

• mslot
    mslot
    Community Member

Hoping for a solution to this. I've just migrated to 1password and love it so far. Would really like to use this on Android!

• Hey @mslot, thanks for your input :)

• siebica
    siebica
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

Nevermind, we can always switch back and forth between applications (love swiping left and right <->). Leaving sarcasm aside, any update? :)

Edit: can we at least know if this is something on Vivaldi for Android's side or on 1Password's side so that we know whom to bother?

• @siebica It would be great it you wanted to reach out to Vivaldi and ask them to support Autofill. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.