Watchtower: missing notification for Opera account

ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hello!
Today I noticed that there is an option to have a two factor authentication for Opera account and when I checked my 1Password item, it didn't notify me about a missinng 2 factor. I checked twofactorauth.org and it seems the entry is correctly there.

Can you please help me understand why 1Password wasn't notifying me about that? Is it because it is in the "Other" section on twofactorauth? I checked and it was added 12 months ago so I wouldn't suspect a delay in the data is the cause.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ondrejfuhrer!

What is the exact URL inside this Login item?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer:

Thank you! I see the same behavior here in a test item I created, so I wonder if this is because of the type of 2FA Opera uses (1Password supports 2FA via TOTP, so I wonder if this has something to do with the Watchtower alert not showing up). I could not find any documentation about the feature though, perhaps if you have an account with them, could you share any docs about how to configure 2FA for your Opera account?

I am hoping you might have a link that I have not managed to find :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @ag_ana ,

Unfortunately I don't. I just logged in to my account and saw the possibility to do so (it uses TOTP method). There doesn't seem to be any documentation for this on twofactorauth as well. So if that is missing, does that mean that 1Password skips it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer:

I have reached out to the Watchtower team for clarification. I will post back here as soon as I hear something back :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021

@ondrejfuhrer:

Since I have managed to reproduce this behavior on my machine, I’ve shared details about the issue with the Watchtower team, who’re in charge of adding and updating information in Watchtower.

Thanks again for helping us improve Watchtower further!

ref: dev/web/watchtower.1password.com#66

This discussion has been closed.