Feature Request: Generate QR code image for WiFi

Options
pAcient
pAcient
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to request a feature that will be available only on network routers credentials where I can click a QR button and a QR code will appear that will allow people that scan it to join my network automatically (which is possible on iOS and Android).

Like this when friends and family come to my house and ask for the WiFi password I can just show them the QR code and they scan and TA-DA!🎉

Thanks☺️

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

As a workaround you can generate an image of that QR code using a website or an App; then store that image as a Document in 1Password.

• pAcient
    pAcient
    Community Member
    Options

For sure there are plenty of workarounds, it would be a great feature in a way I wont be having to do the workaround everytime I change the password, I know its not very often but it happens, including places that aren’t my household ☺️

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pAcient!

While we currently don't have plans to add this feature, I have passed your suggestion to the developers for future consideration :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#261

• tfofurn
    tfofurn
    Community Member
    Options

Is there an upvote button? I would love to be able to quickly bring up Wi-Fi credentials this way.

• @tfofurn

I'd be happy to share your enthusiasm for this feature/ability with the developers.

This discussion has been closed.