Address field not filling

Options

Chromebook, I've encountered a few sites that use a multiline box to prompt for the address and I've not figured out how to get that to fill automatically. Here's a sample page, everything on the page will fill properly except the address box:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: ChromeOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Heya @MarkL1 👋🏼

Our filling is heavily leveraging HTML autocomplete spec (which can be found here) and should be able to be filled using an identity item from your 1Password account.

If you have a site you're having some trouble with that you can share, we can take a look into it.

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for looking at this, here's a page I just had a problem with:
    https://www.livingcompassion.org/2021-yearlong-retreat-registration

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hey @MarkL1 ,
    Thanks for providing the URL.

As I suspected from the screenshot, the HTML of that field defines it as a "textarea" and not an actual single text field. We do not autofill text areas since these are mostly used for big sections of text, such as the body of an email in Gmail's website or even this text block you get here when you reply or write about a new topic etc. This website definitely went the non-standard way by implementing a textarea block in an identity\checkout form.

The best suggestion I can give you right now is to click the 1Password extension icon in your browser to show 1Password, then select your identity item, grab the address field with your mouse from the 1Password window and drag it into the address text block on the page. By using drag and drop, you can fill almost any field with the info you require.
    While it is not as ideal as autofilling, it will do the job.

In case you are using this website regularly, I'd suggest you also contact their support and let them know about this, while providing them the link to the HTML autocomplete spec that nickmcguire provided here.

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, this doesn't happen that often so no biggie.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @MarkL1, thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.