1P7 Locking Up on MacBook Pro

Options
bwofford
bwofford
Community Member

Within recent weeks I've begun experiencing lockups of 1P7 on my MacBook Pro. I cannot associate the condition with any particular activity or combination of activities. My only escape is to force quit and, in may of those cases, a report is generated that I always opt to send to Apple.

This is an extremely annoying situation because 1P is an integral part of my ordinary workflow. This lockup adds to my frustration level with 1P in general, as I remain disappointed that 1PX and 1P7 aren't integrated to the extent that unlocking one unlocks the other and/or that 1PX is still not compatible with Safari. I recognize you have greater challenges with Apple whereas Safari is concerned yet I continue to think of you guys as champions of the Mac platform with relationships that reflect your standing as developers.

So far as I know, I am up to up to date on all versions: 1P7 is 7.7, 1PX is 1.22.3 and macOS is 10.14.6. Okay, so I haven't yet updated to Big Sur and my MacBook Pro is Early 2015 with a 2.7 Ghz Single Core i5 and 8GB of RAM. I will probably replace this MacBook with one of the M-chip models that come out later this year. However I'm not experiencing any other degradation in system performance except for shorter cycles between battery charges.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bwofford!

The next time this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• bwofford
    bwofford
    Community Member
    Options

Hello ag_ana,

I just sent the email you requested with the attached diagnostics report attached. I really hope this issue will be short lived! Many thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bwofford:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: PLK-94573-438

This discussion has been closed.