my iOS 14.2 iphone keeps prompting for my master password each time I start the ios app 1Password7

Options
bob_perez_utah
bob_perez_utah
Community Member

Please help. This is annoying. I get to the starting page of this app, it shows the Sign up blue button, I choose Already using 1 Password, 1Password. I click on my 1Password account and it wants my master password.

I have faceID enabled , pin disabled, autofill enabled. What am I doing wrong. I don't want to have to type my master password every time, otherwise this is of no value.

Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,
Bob

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bob_perez_utah

Could you please confirm you're seeing the 'sign up' every time you launch 1Password, even after adding your account to the app? If so that would be quite odd. To troubleshoot that problem I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPhone:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/117821/my-ios-14-2-iphone-keeps-prompting-for-my-master-password-each-time-i-start-the-ios-app-1password7#latest
    • Your forum username: bob_perez_utah

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@bob_perez_utah
    Does your login screen looks like this?

So you should have the face-button under the password field. Push it and you should login with your Face-ID.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion :+1: :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome @ag_ana! ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana