Set suggested login for a site with multiple logins.

meklund
meklund
Community Member

For many web-sites, I have multiple logins. Sometimes the second one is my wife's, my parents, one that is still active, but I've abandoned, or a development account. 95% of the time, I go to one of those accounts. Is there a way I to specify that 95% account be the one suggested in safari?

I have tried modifying the title of the login with no luck. If there is a renaming technique that has worked for you, let me know.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7 and latest IOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meklund!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using?

• meklund
    meklund
    Community Member

For OSX, it is whatever was supplied by 1Password 7.

• meklund
    meklund
    Community Member

An example is that I have two amazon accounts. One is named "a Google 99%" and the second is named "z Google other". I created z Google other after the first one. Now any time I type command-\, it tries to fill in the second one. I even tried putting the 'a' and 'z' in the names in hope it would start defaulting to the 99% one.

• meklund
    meklund
    Community Member

OK, I just discovered the "Display:" "Never suggest in browser." setting. This may already be a solution to remove all but the one I want.

• meklund
    meklund
    Community Member

Yes, I can "Never suggest in browser" everything I don't want to see. I'm still curious what influences the order displayed. I guess that is an Apple-controlled capability. I even tried changing the username to come at a different location alphabetically and it didn't change anything.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@meklund:

If you have more than one item for the same website, 1Password should bring up 1Password mini if you invoke it with the keyboard shortcut, it should not choose which login to fill automatically. I have just tested your scenario and using the keyboard shortcut brought up a list with all the Amazon accounts, since there is more than one, and 1Password does not choose automatically in this case.

Do these two Login items have the same value in the website field?

• meklund
    meklund
    Community Member

First, thank you for your support. This is more attention than I expected this question to get.

I've tried to reproduce this from scratch with a homemade site. But for that I'm getting results consistent with you. Command-\ brings up the 1Password mini.

But I see a different behavior if I do this with this a google login (you may have to click "Use another account" to get to the password entry). For that, Command-\ autofills in one of the users.

• meklund
    meklund
    Community Member

Solved! after (face palm) reading your question about website field:

I did have a more specific address for the account I didn't want. If I change the website field like this:

Wanted login: https://accounts.google.com
    Unwanted login: https://google.com

I get the results that I want.

I believe earlier that the wanted login was close (www.google.com) but not correct (accounts.google.com) and wasn't even being offered.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@meklund:

Thank you for the update! Different values of the website field could indeed cause the behavior you were reporting, so thank you for taking a closer look :)

This discussion has been closed.