Sharing a 1Password with my mother?

Options
anwla
anwla
Community Member

Hi everyone.

I have used 1Password for years on Mac and iOS. I no longer have a Mac, but an iPhone and an iPad.

I have set up my ageing mother with 1Password on her iPad and iPhone.

How can I set it up so that I also have access to her vault of 1Password on my own device, iPhone and iPad, but without copying all her data into my already giant database of passwords (nearly 1000 (!))

So I guess I’m looking for a way to both have an opportunity to log in to her vault or my own vault when opening 1Password on my iDevices.

Does such a feature exist?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anwla!

The best way to do this would be to use a Families Membership. If you then have your mother save their items in a shared vault you also have access to, you will be able to access that vault on your devices, while keeping your own data separate ;)

• anwla
    anwla
    Community Member
    Options

We have 2 single accounts

1Password Family is subscription based only, right? How much? Not in the market for any more subscriptions although it is exactly what I’m looking for: a real-time synchronised double database in which I can access each and it is synced to all devices.

But I’ll probably leave it, because copying the data over item by item sounds rather tedious and I have to update it manually if changes are made on another device, right

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anwla:

We have 2 single accounts

Two single accounts cannot share entire vaults unfortunately.

1Password Family is subscription based only, right? How much?

That's correct, Families accounts are paid with a subscription. You can see the current price in the link I shared with you in my previous post :+1:

But I’ll probably leave it, because copying the data over item by item sounds rather tedious and I have to update it manually if changes are made on another device, right

Luckily no, you don't need to copy items one by one either, as you can move them in bulk from one vault to another:

Move and copy items

Changes are also synced automatically in shared vaults, even if they are made on other devices.

• anwla
    anwla
    Community Member
    Options

But that’s not the case with a non-family subscription right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anwla:

Correct, an Individual subscription does not have vault sharing capabilities with other accounts.

This discussion has been closed.