Are extensions necessary if older participant just wants access to stored family PW logins?

Options

Hello. Older dad uses iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, but mostly iPhone. He wants to participate in our family plan 1PW7. I am wondering if I need to install all of the extensions on his devices during COVID where I am socially distanced. Or can I just coach him to install 1PW apps without turning off auto fills on devices and installing 1PW extensions. That might be difficult remotely or to arrange travel :) He just wants to be able to click and autofill the passwords we already have set up for Netflix, Amazon etc... And it will be hard for me to go over and manage the extensions. Thank you.

1Password Version: 1PW7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: Cataline 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Are extensions necessary if older participant just wants access to stored family PW logins?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ANash!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

In the meantime I can tell you that you would only need to install the 1Password app on his device, there is nothing else to configure there. Only desktop apps of 1Password have browser extensions :+1:

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RNB-43482-163

This discussion has been closed.