Family plan - sharing a vault - one way only?

josepk
josepk
Community Member

Hello,

I have a family plan and shared some of my 1Password items with my girlfriend. She can view/access them fine (she is a member of my family plan). However, she cannot share some of her private 1Password items back into the same sharing vault I shared with her. Is this by design? In other words, is sharing one way only (in this case, me to her)?

If it is one way only, how would she share some of her 1Password items with me?

We're both running the latest version of 1Password.

Thanks!

Joe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sharing vaults

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @josepk!

Sharing is not one-way only, she should also be able to add items to this vault. You wrote:

However, she cannot share some of her private 1Password items back into the same sharing vault I shared with her.

What happens exactly when she tries to share some items in the shared vault? Does she get an error message?

• josepk
    josepk
    Community Member

Negative - no error message. When I'm viewing a private vault item in our family account, I can edit the item and change from private to shared (1st attached).

When she's viewing her private items in 1Password in our family account, she can edit the item (of course) but there is no option to change the accessibility from private to shared (2nd attached). It appears disabled.

I tested her account in Chrome, Edge and the 1Password application in Windows - all the same result.

Do I have her set up incorrectly in the account, somehow? If not, what else can I do to remediate this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@josepk:

What happens if she drags this item to the shared vault and drops it there, or clicks on the in the list of items in her Private vaults and selects Item > Share > [vault name] > Move?

• josepk
    josepk
    Community Member

Using the approach of Item > Share > [Vault Name] > Move worked.

Interesting that the one approach did not but the other way of doing it did. We're good to go now, however - thank you for your assistance!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @josepk! I am glad I could help. The quick vault move feature is not available in 1Password for Windows yet, it's just on Mac at the moment :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.