Slow sync with iCloud

This discussion was created from comments split from: Updated login on iPad not synced to 1Password Mac.

Comments

• billj
    billj
    Community Member

@ag_ana wrote, The quickest way to force a sync is to lock and unlock the 1Password app.

That's worked for me for years, but no longer. With 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store installed and Primary Vault syncing with iCloud, I've observed two Macs running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 failing to sync using lock/unlock. In fact, when I look in Preferences > Sync, I now see reports of the last sync being a surprising number of days ago, even though I've locked and unlocked 1Password many times a day since the last reported sync took place. (Screenshot attached.)

Plus, each of the Macs has its own iCloud account. In other words, I'm observing this behavior on two unrelated systems.

If lock/unlock does not trigger a sync, the only thing I've found that reliably forces 1Password Mac to sync is to restart the computer.

iOS and iPadOS devices seem better about syncing in a timely manner. Plus 1Password for iOS/iPadOS has a Sync Now button.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @billj!

If this is happening constantly for you, perhaps there is some deeper issue in your iCloud sync configuration. Locking and unlocking should not be necessary all the time, so I recommend troubleshooting your iCloud setup a little bit to see if we can spot the problem.

Have you given these troubleshooting steps a try already?

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

This discussion has been closed.