How to store pincodes into 1password without warning message weak password?

jjjeck
jjjeck
Community Member

I'm a happy 1password-family on Mac, iPhone, Windows and Android. I really like the score of my passwords; of course I try to have every password "Fantastic"; so it makes things less insecure ;-)

I am a really happy user, but have a small annoyance with pincodes; hope you have solution for it

When I store a pincode (4 digits) in a password field I get a message it's a weak password. Is it possible to store a PIN without this warning? I'm trying to get rid of all warnings to update the passwords. PIN-codes are limited to 4 positions.

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen
The Netherlands

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.1
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:How to store pincodes into 1password without warning message weak password?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jjjeck! Welcome to the forum!

At the moment there is no way to remove this warning for a weak password, but I can tell you that we are discussing ways to improve this. So while I have nothing to share yet, this is definitely something that has been requested a few times :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• jjjeck
    jjjeck
    Community Member

ag_ana; thanks for the quick response.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @jjjeck! If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.