Request for Sign In all the time

dalembertian
dalembertian
Community Member

Hello, sorry if this is a known issue, couldn't find it in the support forums.

All of a sudden, on my Mac, 1Password started to ask me to sign in/subscribe all the time! The icon on the dock starts to jump, and I'm presented with the screen attached. But I'm already a member, so I click on sign in and it does recognize me, as it should. Until a couple of hours later, when it starts this again!

Any hints as to what might be going on? I think (but not sure) it might be related to changing WiFI connection (different routers).

Thanks,
Rubens!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 70700016
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• dalembertian
    dalembertian
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dalembertian!

I don't believe changing routers could cause this, it rather sounds like your app is not storing your settings properly, and is therefore asking you to authenticate every time.

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? After doing this, are you able to unlock the app with your Master Password, or does the app show you the welcome screen right away?

• dalembertian
    dalembertian
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana - thanks for jumping in!

Doing this test, I could unlock the app normally, no welcome screen (yet)...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dalembertian:

Thank you for the update! If you notice any specific action that causes the welcome screen to appear again, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac right after it happens and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• dalembertian
    dalembertian
    Community Member

Will do, thank you

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.