Can we have a "search 'All items' all the time" option, please.

I'm increasingly frustrated that search is context dependent.

Scenario now:
I click on a tag (say "Banking Stuff") and use one of the entries there...
After a while I come back with a separate task; I search for "car mechanic." >>>The search takes place only across things associated with the "Banking Stuff" tag, so it doesn't find anything.
I then mutter a curse.
I then scroll up, up, up through the many large tags, categories, watchtower sections so I can click on to "All items."
I then (finally) search for "car mechanic"

Doing this was ok the first 50 times. It's got a bit old now.

Desired scenario:
I click on a tag (say "Banking Stuff") and use one of the entries there...
After a while I come back with a separate task; I search for "car mechanic." The search looks at 'All items' and finds what I wanted.

Should be an easy enough thing to implement?

Thanks.

BOB

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1password.com (n/a)
Referrer: forum-search:search

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I know what you mean. When clicking a tag in the Windows app and come back later the former selected tag is still selected and if you try to search for an entry it searches in the former selected tag only.

Actually my list with tags and other things is not so long, so I only have to scroll a bit up to get to the top to select "All items".

But when implementing an all-items-search how can I search in special tags only? I don't know how this could be implemented...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1pBob and @DenalB,

You can always press Ctrl + Shift + F on your keyboard to search all items in 1Password 7 for Windows right away. Could you please give it a try and let us know how it works for you?

Other available search options are available in this article on our website:

Search 1Password to find what you need

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

You can always press Ctrl + Shift + F on your keyboard to search all items in 1Password 7 for Windows right away.

Thanks for the great tip @Greg! The shortcut works perfectly in my case! :+1:

• I'm glad to hear that @Greg's suggestion works for you! :chuffed:

• 1pBob
    1pBob
    Community Member

Thanks for that. Never knew about Ctrl + Shift + F.

I'm wondering if an (eventual) better solution would be to have something like Outlook's search:

...with the appropriate options to allow one to select default behaviour, of course.

(off topic?) Is there an equivalent on other platforms I use, such as iPadOS and Android?

• 1pBob
    1pBob
    Community Member

Just noticed the other platforms tabs in the linked page...

Doesn't (seem) to provide the same flexibility/ease of use.

• @1pBob

There isn't an equivalent of Ctrl + Shift + F available for either 1Password for iOS nor 1Password for Android, as you noticed from the linked page.

Each platform is developed individually, and sometimes the limitations of these platforms prevent features from being exactly the same on each. With that being said, I'll certainly bring this particular issue up with our team so we can brainstorm on if there's a way we can improve this on other platforms in the future.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

With that being said, I'll certainly bring this particular issue up with our team so we can brainstorm on if there's a way we can improve this on other platforms in the future.

Thanks @Blake! :+1:

• Any time! We're always happy to help. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.