Sync Problem

NovaScotian
NovaScotian
Community Member
edited February 2012 in iOS
My iPod Touch (2nd Gen running Software Version 4.2.1) is no longer syncing to my on board Dropbox account (on the iPod) or directly by WiFi to my iMac (running Lion). Is the Touch too old or is there something I can do to get syncing up and running again? If I can't sync, I might as well dump 1P on the Touch because it's quite out of date now -- I can tell because I've just made some changes today.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It should be working well. Have you already tried resetting Dropbox syncing from within the app? Open 1Password on your iOS device and then tap:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset

Do items that you create in 1Password on your iMac show up in 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox.com web interface?
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    I've got a reset and download running as I type this. I've never used 1Password Anywhere, so haven't a clue about that.
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    My laptop is in Sync as far as I can tell, but even after the reset, my Touch is not. I have a few key accounts I've changed lately and they're not up to date. Advice?
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    Items I create on my iMac do show up correctly in my 1PasswordAnywhere web interface
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2012
    Please try rebuilding your data file in 1Password on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…).

Wait for Dropbox to finish syncing on your Mac.

Then reset Dropbox syncing on your iOS device once more:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited February 2012
    Resetting Dropbox syncing didn't change anything, Khad. For a followup, I've dumped (reset) the database on the iPod (which I'm betting would have been your next step) and started afresh (new pin code and password twice, then login to Dropbox). A new sync to the naked database from Dropbox (keeping the Touch awake the whole time) seems to have done the trick; all recent changes to the iMac (my master) version now show up on the iPod Touch as they should.

Thanks for the help.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting me know it is working well now. You're right, the next step would have been reinstalling the iOS app. :)

Let me know if you have any more trouble.
This discussion has been closed.