Add 1Password Icon and menu to inline form fields on Windows

Using the desktop app with browser extension on macOS, the extension has similar behavior to 1Password X. I'd like to bring this functionality to the desktop versions of the Windows app/extension.

I use the full desktop version of 1Pass for its superior functionality over 1Pass X, like keeping it unlocked even when I've closed my browser.

1Password Version: 7.6.787
Extension Version: 4.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password icon in form field

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tc1p!

At the moment the only way to have the extension behave this way in 1Password for Windows is to use the 1Password X browser extension. The new extension behavior you saw in 1Password for Mac is a new Safari feature, at the moment it's only available there :+1:

• tc1p
    tc1p
    Community Member

Right, this is a feature request.

Is this something that is currently planned for Windows?

• Blake
    edited January 2021

@tc1p

We do have plans to bring back desktop app integration into 1Password X in the future, as the experimental feature was temporarily removed from the 1Password X Beta so we could bring it back better than ever.

If things go according to plan we should have a new beta of 1Password X later this year with Desktop App Integration reborn, along with betas for Mac, Windows, and Linux to boot! 😊

Here's a bit more about that: https://1password.community/discussion/115228/temporarily-removing-desktop-app-integration/p1

This discussion has been closed.