Wastebasket: possibility to delete items there if they are older than?

Safety
Safety
Community Member

Hej to all,
is there a possibility to clear items in the wastebasket in between a given range of dates? for example: clear items in the wastebasket when they are older than 2020-01-01 or if they are stored there more than 720days?
As far as i know i only can clear the hole wastebasket or nothing? Is it right that i can not mark some and delete only the marked?

I would be very pleased about a feedback from you.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @safety

Correct, it's an all or nothing approach currently. 1Password is very cautious. Nothing is ever removed without the user explicitly requesting it, as you noticed. At the same time, I can share your desire to have the trash purged by rules. I am a perpetual trash emptier. It would undoubtedly add much complexity to 1Password. I know some individuals use the trash as an archive of sorts. We would not want something that would remove their older data accidentally. I won't say it will not happen, but I think the chances are on the slimmer side for a rule-based system. However, I would be happy to pass on your feedback.

We have had a few requests for a more granular (single item) approach to removing items within the 1Password trash. I will let the team know you would like to see this in the future.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#171

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member

@ag_tommy please add my vote to single item deletion in the trash 🗑 I don’t always want to remove everything.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MONKi1P:

Done :+1:

This discussion has been closed.