odd 1P login behavior

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

Recently when I log into a website using one password, after I successfully signed in it asked me if I want to update the record for no reason. I made no changes. It only recently started doing this.

Question: how can I fix this odd behavior?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dealtek 👋

I'm curious if this issue is happening on every single website you sign into or if you're noticing that popup appear on a handful of websites. If the latter, would you mind sharing the website URL(s) with me so I can do some testing on my end and see if I can reproduce the issue?

ref: dev/apple/issues#5118

• TheLib
    TheLib
    Community Member

I'm seeing this behavior as well on the Bank of America website using Safari. Safari password autofill is turned off. I'm not currently seeing it on other sites.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.7, Safari 14.0.2 and 1Password 7.7.

• @TheLib

You might try adding *.bankofamerica.com to the do not save section in 1Password.

1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Autosave

• s9utct
    s9utct
    Community Member

Seeing same for Bank of America website. If you do click save it replaces your password in the vault login with string of asterisks --> "**********************".

• @s9utct

Indeed we have had reports of this behavior with Bank of America and saving. I have added your name to those affected by this.

ref: dev/core/core#3005

• Jim_Kel
    Jim_Kel
    Community Member

I also see the same issue. I logged in on December 20, and after filling in the password and starting the login, it was overridden with ******** and that is what 1Password offered to save, which I did. I had to recover the password today from previously saved passwords.

• Jim_Kel
    Jim_Kel
    Community Member

I should also mention that I have one other banking website that is mis-performing in the same way - RBC Online Banking (Royal Bank Canada).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jim_Kel:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have let the developers know that you are experiencing this too :+1:

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

curios how this issue is progressing?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek:

This issue was addressed in version 7.7.1.BETA-5 :+1: If you are not running the beta yet and would like to give it a try already, here are the instructions:

Use 1Password beta releases

This discussion has been closed.