Difficulty getting to login page

jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Here is very common scenario:

1. Create login at new website.
  2. 1P remembers the URL and credentials
  3. Later go back to that login item, navigate to the page.
  4. The page will not allow login.
  5. Manually navigate to the site home page and get manually to the login page.
  6. When you get to the login page, the URL is in fact the one that is stored in 1P.

So the problem is that the site does not permit directly visiting the login page--you first have to go through some preliminary pages. This happened to me today with United Healthcare.

Please note: this is not the same situation where 1P saves the wrong URL, which also often happens and results in a URL for the signup page instead of the login page.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jasimon9 👋

Thanks for the report! I'm honestly not sure that there's a way around this when it comes to websites that require that you be redirected to the sign in page. In this case, I'd put the main page as the main website URL in the item, then click the Sign In button in United Healthcare's case, and fill your item with the inline menu. Just be sure to keep the sign in page's URL as a second website URL in your Login item in 1Password.

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

That's pretty much what I do in such cases. Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for bringing this up @jasimon9 .

Indeed there's not much we can do on our side of things, so we hope that using the website's homepage URL will suffice for now :)

This discussion has been closed.