cannot update to 1Password 7.7 with AppStore

Options
nextnext
nextnext
Community Member

I just updated to Big Sur. Now I am trying to get the new version, the update to 7.7. of 1Password on the AppStore. I am using 1Password 7
Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store. The update is loading and asking to close 1Password, but finally quits and states on german "The update for 1Password could not be finalized, try again later."

I already made a SMC-Reset. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Press the "Ctrl" and "Alt-Key" while in the menu to quit and then select "Quit 1 Password completely", then the update should work. Otherwise the background helper will block the update process.

https://support.1password.com/mac-app-store-cannot-be-open/

Hope that helps @nextnext

• @nextnext

In addition to what @peacekeeper said, I always like to suggest quitting any open browsers. The 1Password extension for Safari is now bundled within the 1Password application. This step makes sure it also does not hold up your update.

Please let me know if this helps. If not, I can provide you with instructions on replacing the application completely.

• nextnext
    nextnext
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @peacekeeper and @ag_tommy very much.! That was the reason, why it did not update, so it worked immediately! Thanks again!

• Sweet! Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.