How do I mute false positive "reused passwords"?

jaked.902
jaked.902
Community Member

When I need to record an IMAP email account credentials, as well as a webmail login, with the same password, this should not be flagged as reused. The ability to mute the alarm in select cases would be ideal, the big red banner is pointless if it's always on the screen.

Thanks,
Jake

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700016) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 11.0.1 (20B29)
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:reused passwords

Comments

• @jake.902

It's currently not possible to do this. Hopefully, we can find a solution to requests such as this. I can pass your feedback on to the team.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• johann_koebbe
    johann_koebbe
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I second this request. I have a lot of work logins that require my ActiveDirectory password, so I see the "Reused Password" banner a lot. :|

• @johann_koebbe

I'd be happy to bring this up with the team.

• MVRLon
    MVRLon
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

What about using a tag?
    As one can do to suppress the 2FA warning

• lpuerto
    lpuerto
    Community Member

I had the same request months years ago and I'm still waiting.

The thing is that sometimes you need to have duplicate entries for the same password, or even, you can't change your password because it's provided and can't be change. Very common on banking what they just give you an username and password and you can change any on them, because they rely on a third item for verification (like a coordinate card and two factor authentication). At least in Europe.

Another case is for example the login on different services of a university. Sometimes the username has to have the email domain and sometimes it doesn't. So I need to have two entries on 1password, but places where my username is with domain and the places where it's not and it has to have the same password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @lpuerto, noted!

• vjgoh
    vjgoh
    Community Member

It also makes no sense to show 'reused' password on the exact same login item that's in more than one vault. I migrated from the old 1Password to the new one, so now I have 2 vaults with the same data, and I get a 'reused password' warning for basically everything. It's literally the same item!

• @vjgoh

If you are part of a membership and you have a duplicate data. It sounds like you may want to remove an extra Primary vault. That should help clear up warnings in your case. Let us know of that sounds like your situation and we can help with that process.

This discussion has been closed.