Can’t unlock screen

My windows 10 screen is locked with 1Password. I don’t know the master password. If I delete my account will it unlock the screen? Deleting isn’t a problem because I’ve never used 1Password yet and have no database. I want to start over.

Comments

• Hi @vaughnball 👋

Can you tell me more about what you mean when you say that your "windows 10 screen is locked with 1Password" by any chance?

Feel free to include a screenshot in a reply below of what you're seeing (minus any sensitive information) so that I can get a better idea as to what's happening.

• vaughnball
    vaughnball
    Community Member

When I boot the machine I’m immediately asked to provide my master password, and the screen is locked. This happened because when I launched 1Password and touched the shield below the password entry line. It immediately locked the screen.

• vaughnball
    vaughnball
    Community Member

I can’t do a screenshot cuz I can’t get on that computer...I’m communicating with you on my cell.

• vaughnball
    vaughnball
    Community Member

Hi Blake...did I give you all the info you need for my question?

• Hey @vaughnball, sorry for the delay! This is definitely an odd issue - I'd like to dig in a bit further over email.

Could you try launching your device in Safe Mode with Networking, and include the results of that test in your email to me? You can send that email to support+windows@1password.com.

How to launch Windows 10 in Safe Mode

After you email in, you should be assigned a Conversation ID that looks something like this: [ABC-12345-678]. Could you paste that code here when you receive it? It'll help me locate your message and we can get started. :smile:

• vaughnball
    vaughnball
    Community Member

Hi Dayton_ag

Yes, I was able to restart in safe mode with networking and sent an email. Thanks!

• Thanks @Vaughnball! I'll look forward to helping you out over email. :+1:

• vaughnball
    vaughnball
    Community Member

Dayton_ag: I emailed yesterday, but never received a conversation ID or other response...did I do something wrong?

• @vaughnball

I was able to locate your email. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: ECD-43123-165

This discussion has been closed.