latest version problems with safari

Tigger77
Tigger77
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

Hi,

1password really drives me crazy at the moment.
1) If I login on a website it asks over and over again to refresh my stored password item without reason and without effect if I do so.
2) If I create a new account on a website it suggests a new password and asks to store it as new item. If I do so only the username but not the recently suggested password is getting saved. I lost multiple new created passwords this way.
3) Safari passwords and 1password functionality doesnt harmonize very well together. They overlap and the overall experience is kind of weired (I guess everyone has an idea of what I mean!?)

regards

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
1Password 7
Version 7.7 (70700015)
1Password Store

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021

Hi @Tigger77!

1) If I login on a website it asks over and over again to refresh my stored password item without reason and without effect if I do so.

What website is this happening with? Also, have you tried creating a new Login item for this website from scratch, and see if that one behaves the same way?

2) If I create a new account on a website it suggests a new password and asks to store it as new item. If I do so only the username but not the recently suggested password is getting saved. I lost multiple new created passwords this way.

1Password saves every generated password automatically so the risk of losing one by mistake is low. When this happens, the password is stored under the Password category, in its own item separate from the Login item which might have been created with just the username. Have you checked your Passwords category to see if the passwords were stored there?

3) Safari passwords and 1password functionality doesnt harmonize very well together. They overlap and the overall experience is kind of weired (I guess everyone has an idea of what I mean!?)

Our recommendation is to disable the password manager in the browser to avoid conflicts with 1Password trying to do the same thing:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Is there a reason why you are keeping both password managers active?

This discussion has been closed.