Push Notification Authentication

Options
bradpinkston
bradpinkston
Community Member

I've loved the utility of having my 2FA built into 1Password. Unfortunate that some providers don't play ball and force 2FA via text or push notification only. Since 2FA via code seems to have standardizes on a way to provide codes as 2FA, I was wondering if the same was being done with push notifications? Is this on the 1Password roadmap?

This popped into my mind because it looks as though Pinterest is doing this with an Authy integration. It may not work the way I'm thinking, but I was curious. I definitely won't be downloading another 2FA app when I leverage 1Password for so much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

I would like too to be able to use push notification into 1Password like Microsoft push notification into Microsoft Authenticator.
    Not sure otherwise it's even possible as there is no way yet (it seems) for example for Microsoft to use another app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you both for the suggestion! I am not aware of a standard for push notifications similar to the one that exists for TOTP, so I don't think this is possible at the moment I am afraid. However, it's certainly a nice idea, so perhaps there will be a way to do this one day :)

This discussion has been closed.