Orbilogin.net and Obilogin.com won't autofill with Chrome extension

Options
scooterB
scooterB
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Unable to get the authentication to fill in even though it's in the password manager. Control+\ and Control+/ don't work either.

1Password Version: 7.6.787
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Windows X
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scooterB! Welcome to the forum!

You are using 1Password X, so the keyboard shortcuts that you tried won't work (those are the ones for the companion browser extension). Have you tried dragging and dropping your credentials on the form from 1Password X?

• scooterB
    scooterB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It's confusing what to use between the Windows 10 app, 1 password chrome desktop extension, and the 1password X Chrome password manager. I can click on the 1Password X and use the autofill button, but don't know how to get it to automatically populate or give me something underneath the field boxes to click to populate the fields. It seemed like before 1Password could automatically fill in my forms. Just trying to avoid so many clicks here (although I just clicked a lot of keys here to write this message!)

• @scooterB, if you have both the companion app extension and 1Password X installed side by side, I would suggest limiting yourself to only one extension, rather than two products performing similar functions. That'll narrow down your options a bit.

Then, for your daily work, I would recommend using 1Password X in your browser. This'll work for your saving and filling needs, and really the only time you'll need the desktop app is if you need to manage your data (make edits, move items around, upload files, etc.).

For the example site you provided above, that's a basic auth prompt, which 1Password X can't fill in its normal way. But if you open the website directly from 1Password X (in the pop-up, by clicking the icon in your toolbar and selecting your login), rather than navigating to the site manually/outside of 1Password, you should find that you're signed in successfully.

• scooterB
    scooterB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_michaelc ! I removed the companion app extension and navigated to the site directly from the 1Password X extension and it authenticated.

• That's great to hear, @scooterB! 🎉

This discussion has been closed.