Two vaults don't sync.

magicsnaps
magicsnaps
Community Member

I have had 1Password for years on a one-off fee basis. Had recently to pay the annual subscription to keep going (very reluctantly). I now seem to have two vaults. My name with a Personal vault and On iCloud with a Primary vault. I have just noticed that the two vaults are not syncing - I changed credit card details, but no sync of details?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Seem to have two accounts? Personal and Primary.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@magicsnaps

The Primary vault is not part of your membership offering. It will not sync with the Personal vault and is a leftover from your previous setup. It should be removed from your system to prevent confusion and data residing in one place and not the other, as you experienced.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

• magicsnaps
    magicsnaps
    Community Member

Wow, thank you for such a prompt response. That's really clear. Looks like I have a fun day ahead of me tomorrow!

• @magicsnaps

Hopefully, not that much work. If you have any questions let us know.

• magicsnaps
    magicsnaps
    Community Member

Hi again. So, I seem to have successfully transferred everything to the Personal Vault. I now have a lot of duplicates. First question please - Is there a nifty way of deleting the oldest duplicates or do I have to do it manually?

Second question please - the 1Password button on the Safari top bar has stopped working and Safari extensions manager tells me that to uninstall it (to reinstall it and cure the problem hopefully) I must uninstall 1Password app. I'm a bit loathe to do this in case….

Thanks, Haddon

• magicsnaps
    magicsnaps
    Community Member

Hi again. So, I seem to have successfully transferred everything to the Personal Vault. I now have a lot of duplicates. First question please - Is there a nifty way of deleting the oldest duplicates or do I have to do it manually?

Second question please - the 1Password button on the Safari top bar has stopped working and Safari extensions manager tells me that to uninstall it (to reinstall it and cure the problem hopefully) I must uninstall 1Password app. I'm a bit loathe to do this in case….

Thanks, Haddon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@magicsnaps:

After you transferred your items, did you remove the old Primary vault from the 1Password app, or did you leave both vaults still there?

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Is the Safari extension working again?

• magicsnaps
    magicsnaps
    Community Member

I have deleted the Primary vault, yes. Definitely have lots of duplicates though.

Can't find 1Password Mini on system. This is the message I get:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@magicsnaps:

Can't find 1Password Mini on system.

Can you check at the top of your screen? Here is a screenshot:

• magicsnaps
    magicsnaps
    Community Member

Hello, the good news, I restarted the iMac and the button now works and I get the 1Password menu. (It's on the left on my version of Safari.)

The band news, I still have many, many duplicates of logins.

• @magicsnaps

I am happy to say on macOS, there is a duplicate remover tool under the Help > Tools menu, called "Clean Up Duplicate Items." Please make sure you select the vault where the duplicates are. If you are currently in All Vault's view, the duplicate removal will be greyed out or unavailable.

• If there is even the slightest chance something is different between the two items, 1Password will not remove it. You will ultimately need to make the final decision.
  • magicsnaps
    magicsnaps
    Community Member

Brilliant. Thank you. Very straightforward and all syncing nicely. Have a great weekend and stay safe.

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.