LOGIN TO WEBSITES FAIL

Options
DonaldJTindall
DonaldJTindall
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have set up 1Password as a Chrome extension and have removed Chrome Autofill Items. When I attempt to log into a web site, 1Password autofills the correct login information. However, the login attempt fails. I have tried this with several web sites.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• burton
    burton
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, I found another older post that mentioned a setting in browsers but the setting no longer exists. Please help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DonaldJTindall, @burton:

What website is this happening with? And what error message do you see when the login fails?

• DonaldJTindall
    DonaldJTindall
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply. I have figured it out. I fixed the problem by editing the information in 1Password.

• @DonaldJTindall

Thanks for updating us. I'm happy to hear things are working better now.

• burton
    burton
    Community Member
    Options

My issue is happening with all sites. 1PW fills the username and PW then does not activate the login button. I just converted from version 6 and it always opened the site after filling.

• @burton

We removed the auto-submit button in 1Password version 7.2+. Is that perhaps what you are asking about? 1Password automatically leaves the focus on the password field, so there’s no need to click the submit button. Just press the Enter key, and you’re all set.

We mentioned this in a blog post back in October 2018. Time sure flies by! It seems just like yesterday. https://blog.1password.com/1password-7.2-for-mac-welcome-to-the-dark-side/ As you just upgraded, the experience is undoubtedly different. I hope the blog link can share some of the reasoning behind this change.

• burton
    burton
    Community Member
    Options

Awsome, thanks for the clarification, it makes total sense. I updated to Mojave simultaneous to the !PW upgrade so now I know why things changed. BTW y'all's response time to issues is phenomenal ! I appreciate it.

• :blush: You're welcome. We try to get to everyone as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.