Animating login forms break 1Password position

Hi,

I've been using 1Password for a while and have noticed that when the login form animates the 1Password icon and dropdown get positioned in the wrong place.

Is there any way you can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @adinuno. To clarify, is it that the form itself moves, and so the 1Password icon kind of "floats" where the field was in the first spot? If you click out of and then back in the field, is the icon in the proper place?

• adinuno
    adinuno
    Community Member

outlook.com is a good example of this happening. When I fill the username and the password animates in, the icon is missplaced.

In outlook.com particularly it doesn't break anything, but in other websites the dropdown often covers the "Login" button and it's quite annoying. This problem is consistent with login forms that animate in.

• ag_michaelc
    edited January 2021

If you click outside of the field and back in, the icon should be placed appropriately. Do you see that? To clarify, this isn't desired behavior but it is something we are aware of. I will add outlook.com to the list of affected URLs. :smile:

• adinuno
    adinuno
    Community Member

If you click outside of the field and back in, the icon should be placed appropriately.

I know, but it's extremely annoying. Would rather 1Password tracked the position of the input box ever 500ms and repositioned the icon and the dropdown accordingly without me having to do anything.

• I appreciate the feedback and the suggestion for a solution. :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#3108

This discussion has been closed.