To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret Key

Options
N1Poppy
N1Poppy
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Memberships

I'm sure this issue has been asked a lot. But I'm new to 1Password so please be kind. I signed up for 1Password this morning on my iPad. I even paid for the 1 year individual account. The problem is when I try to sign in, I'm asked to enter my secret key. I saw the email that welcomed me and even gave me a link to the Emergency Kit. However, to get into the Emergency Kit, I have to enter the secret key. Please help. How can I find out what my secret key is without having to enter my secret key first?

I miss the days that we could call and talk to a person instead of waiting for someone (13 pictured people on the team) to answer an email or support question online.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bridget_hall
    bridget_hall
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - I have the same issue. I need to change my subscription prior to the end of the 7 day trial period but cannot access billing without secret key. I registered an account this morning but was never sent a secret key, and can't log in without a secret key. I;ve already been sent a trial invoice with invoice # in_1I9vc7HBax7L5HDf9Dig9wHb . I appreciate your help.

• @bridget_hall

I replied to the discussion you started over here.

• @N1Poppy

I see you have already been working with my colleague Conner via email. Please continue that discussion.

ref: KZG-72799-978

• N1Poppy
    N1Poppy
    Community Member
    Options

I’m still having issues. Is there technical phone number I can use instead of emails?

• N1Poppy
    N1Poppy
    Community Member
    Options

Another thing that's happening as I continue to try and log in for the first time is the buffering sign. Not sure the website is working or not. Here's a picture of my screen:

• N1Poppy
    N1Poppy
    Community Member
    Options

Another thing that's happening as I continue to try and log in for the first time is the buffering sign. Not sure the website is working or not. Here's a picture of my screen:

• N1Poppy
    N1Poppy
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - looks like I'm not allowed to post a picture in this area. More frustrations. I'm really a nice person, I promise. :)

• N1Poppy
    N1Poppy
    Community Member
    Options

I still need the secret key. Who can I speak to about resolving this issue?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@N1Poppy:

I still need the secret key. Who can I speak to about resolving this issue?

My colleague Connor, who is already helping you via email, will be happy to continue doing so for as long as necessary. I also confirm that we received all your emails, and my colleagues will get back to you over there as soon as possible. To avoid splitting information in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion so you can continue the conversation there.

In the meantime, I can recommend reading this documentation page, which includes some suggestions on how to retrieve your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

ref: KZG-72799-978

This discussion has been closed.