Tired of entering master password!!

cuibono79
cuibono79
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've had 1password for about 2 or 3 weeks now, and I have to say this has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I'm all apple, using MacOS Catalina and iOS with an iphone and an ipad.

I've sprung for the monthly package, I've spent hours and hours migrating all of my old passwords, and I'm getting ready to just scrap this whole thing & just go back to using keychain. What was wrong with that again??

First and foremost, I'm sick & tired of entering my master password every time I need to logon to something. I'm work from home, and I'd like to configure the app such that once I'm logged in, I don't have to re-enter my master password at all until I either logout myself, or my computer goes to sleep. I've checked these boxes in preferences, but I still have to enter my master password every time in chrome.

Please help me, I am so unbelievably frustrated.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: OS X catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cuibono79! Welcome to the forum!

I've checked these boxes in preferences, but I still have to enter my master password every time in chrome.

Since you mentioned that this is happening in Chrome, can you confirm that you have checked the boxes in the right place? I wonder if you checked the auto lock settings in the 1Password for Mac app, but if this is happening in the Chrome extension, make sure that you updated the auto lock settings in the 1Password X browser extension instead.

Alternatively, if you are not sure, can you post a screenshot of your auto lock settings? We will be able to tell right away where they are coming from :+1:

This discussion has been closed.