Syncing Multiple Device without 1PW Cloud Membership

Options
lescovorro
lescovorro
Community Member

I am running 1PW 7.7 without a membership since I want to maintain backup locally (folder). I have an iMac (Big Sur 11.1) with an external hard drive where 1PW is backed up to a Folder. In addition, I have 2 iPhones (iPhone 8 and XR), iPad Pro and 1 MacBook Pro, all running 1PW. The XR, iPad Pro sync with the WLAN server when I plug them into the iMac and sync. The problem is the iPhone 8. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I now want to sync it. On the iPhone, I go to Settings > Sync > Primary - Set Up Syncing > Start Syncing > Choose a Sync Method > Sync with WLAN server. Message says to open Mac. I open 1PW on iMac > Window > WLAN Server. Window shows Run a WLAN server from the MAC . . . I follow the directions to unlock 1PW on iPhone > Settings > Sync. There is no prompt to enter the secret shown. The Refresh List does not work on the iPhone. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• @lescovorro

Have you tried our WLAN server troubleshooting guide?

A few notes that may be useful from the WLAN server setup page.

• The WLAN server can’t sync a mobile device to multiple computers.
    • The WLAN server can’t sync two or more computers.
    • The WLAN server can’t sync two or more mobile devices directly.
    • The WLAN server isn’t available in 1Password 6 or later on Windows.
  • lescovorro
    lescovorro
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what to do. I can sync my iPhone and iPad using the WLAN Server. My Primary vault goes to a Folder on an external drive - My Passport for Mac > 1Password.opvault. I store my data on iCloud and by keeping 1PW on an external drive, my 1PW data is not on iCloud. I want to keep it private.

I guess a WLAN server can't sync two of more more devises, although my iPad will sync. Would dropbox be a better solution than WLAN? What I am trying to do is to sync 1PW with my iMac (backup is there), 2 iPhones and an iPad. I also have 1PW on my MacBook Pro and would like to sync that too. Would it be better to move my backup to my iMac hard drive rather than an external drive, which I have now and use dropbox. Maybe I can exclude the backup folder from being saved on iCloud. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have been using 1PW since you first started. Just need to be able to sync it on all my devices and keep the data private.

This discussion has been closed.