i cannot see link to sync with dropbox after clicking on the 3 dots next to vault

i cannot see link to sync with dropbox after clicking on the 3 dots next to vault
i don't know what else to say. i followed the sync dropbox instructions, clicked on the 3 dots, and found no link to sync dropbox

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:i cannot find link to sync with dropbox after clicking on the 3 dots next to vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RTMxp! Welcome to the forum!

What do you see exactly when you click on the 3 dots? Can you post a screenshot perhaps?

• RTMxp
    RTMxp
    Community Member

i can get a screenshot but i can't post it. clicking on image icon in 'leave a comment' section doesn't seem to work. only emoji and url functions look like they work. clicking image icon only drops down a fuzzy gray line but no box to place image

• RTMxp
    RTMxp
    Community Member

now it works, of course, right after i said it didn't!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RTMxp:

Thank you for the screenshot! Your Private vault is automatically synced to 1Password.com, it cannot be synced through Dropbox. The same holds for your Shared vault, and any vault inside your 1Password account (automatic sync for your vaults is indeed one of the benefits of your 1Password account).

Just so we can understand what you are trying to do, is there a specific reason why you are trying to enable a second sync method?

• RTMxp
    RTMxp
    Community Member

i need backup. i thought dropbox would be good for backup. what does dropbox backup do anyway. doesn't sound like it does anything?

if not dropbox, what is a good secure third party backup plan for my passwords?

• RTMxp
    RTMxp
    Community Member

i can't make a standalone vault. maybe i should start there?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RTMxp:

if not dropbox, what is a good secure third party backup plan for my passwords?

Backups are taken automatically if you use a 1Password Membership:

1Password backups

Alternatively, you could also export your data yourself, but please be careful in this case, as the exported files would not be encrypted:

How to export data from 1Password

This discussion has been closed.