One time password out of sync (and not updating) between browser widget and app

Options
dougl
dougl
Community Member

The one time password in the browser toolbar app isn't updating along with the main application itself. It 'freezes', still showing the same code, and only counts down while the popup is open. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OSX 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dougl!

Thank you for reporting this, and sorry for the inconvenience! Our developers are aware of this visual bug in 1Password mini, hopefully we will have a fix soon :+1: If you open the main app, you will see the correct code, and it will also update properly there.

ref: dev/apple/issues#5067

• dougl
    dougl
    Community Member
    Options

It’s not just a visual bug. It actually pastes the wrong code too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dougl:

Correct: 1Password mini does not update the TOTP codes properly, so if you copy them from there, it will paste the wrong ones. Hopefully we will have an update for this soon :+1:

• kawaz
    kawaz
    Community Member
    Options

You may have already figured out the cause of this problem, but I'll tell you just in case.

I think this problem is not only a problem of 1Password mini.

• It occurs also in the mini-window (page_action?) when I click the icon of the browser extension.
    • It also occurs in the main window of 1Password. I can reproduce it by minimizing the window, waiting a while, and then redisplaying it.
    • I have not been able to confirm it yet, but there seems to be a way to make it happen in the pinned window.

It seems to me that the problem is outside of the one-time password initialization process, not only in 1password mini, but in all types of windows that may display the one-time password, even at times when redrawing is required.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kawaz:

Our developers submitted a fix, so hopefully this should make it into the next update ;)

• kalfa
    kalfa
    Community Member
    Options

excellent, thanks. I hit this bug several times a day.

any idea when the next update will come through for mac?

• @kalfa

I'm afraid I don't have an estimation to share. :frown: Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

This discussion has been closed.