Some questions regarding functionality

1. There is no way to ask to save the credentials **after ** the login occurred? Or after a password has been changed there is no other way to save it other than saving manually before submitting the form, or of course editing manually after? I don't feel secure to change the password in the manager before the password has actually been changed end editing the entry manually it's ... forgettable.
  2. If I have a base domain with 50 logins, there is no way to sort the logins by last used?
  3. Is there an option to automatically unlock the vault when I open my browser. Even unlock by pin, maybe using windows hello will be better than entering the same password over and over again.

Maybe I'll need to adjust my mindset regarding passwords after years of Lastpass and Bitwarden, and I want to be sure that I'm not missing something. Thank you.

I'm using PasswordX for Google Chorme.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:There is no functionality to ask to save the credentials after the login ocured?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @andySF ,
    Great questions!

1. You will want to save your credentials before you send the form on the website. Doesn't matter if it is a login form or a change password form. Once you saved it in 1Password, go ahead and send the form on the website. In case it is a change password form and the website does not accept your new password, that's fine. Remain on the page, generate a new password (Open the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser -> Click the PLUS icon -> Select the Password Generator and generate a new password), then save it yet again in 1Password. Nothing will be lost in that process.
      In case you find yourself with a new password that doesn't work on the website, you can recover previously used passwords like so:
      • Select your vault and locate the login item for the website in question, then select it to view its details.
      • Click the "Show previously used passwords" button and it will show you all the passwords you've had in that login item, so you can recover it in case the new password didn't work.

In case you generated a new password but did not save it in the login item, then you can recover it from within the generator itself! Get to the password generator and click the "Generator History" button at the bottom.

As you can see, there are many failsafes, so feel free to experiment and try things.

1. There is no way to organize suggestions by "last used" but you can mark specific logins as "Favorites", which will force 1Password to show them first on the list of suggestions when you autofill. You can mark a login as a favorite by selecting it in 1Password X and clicking the little star icon at the bottom.

2. There is no option to automatically unlock 1Password anywhere (what's the point of having it locked in the first place? :) ), but soon we will release a new feature that will allow you to unlock it via Touch ID and Windows Hello, which will make things a lot easier. In the meantime, may I suggest you change your Master Password to something that is easier to remember/type, like a memorable password? https://1password.com/password-generator/?type=memorable

• andySF
    andySF
    Community Member

Thank you so much for you detailed answer. Great tips that will improve experience without doubt.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help!
    If you have any further questions, we're always here. :+1:

• Trikotret
    Trikotret
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

🤷🏻‍♂️

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Let us know if you have any other questions as well @Trikotret, we are always here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.