export passwords to csv file

Greetings. Would like to know how I can export my logins to a csv file? I read somewhere that I should choose what I want to export> Click File> etc. That said, I can't find anything that says File? Please advise. Thanks.

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Win
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export passwords

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @harveyzuckerman1 ,

Exporting logins is only possible via our desktop app, not the extension in the browser.
    If you have the 1Password 7 app installed on your computer, here's how to export logins from it: https://support.1password.com/export/

I hope that helps :)

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member

Hi ag! So I so that, and tried to do it. Problem is when I select items (which I'm guessing are the various logins) and right click I just get the standard SAVE AS, PRINT options. Nothing says EXPORT??

• @harveyzuckerman1

From the menubar at the top of the screen, select File and then Export. It's not available as a right-click option. It sounds like you may have a Finder window open due to the options you mentioned. 1Password must remain the frontmost application.

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member

So I'm using Windows - and when I open the app everything is on the left side. Again, nothing like File, Edit, View, Account at all.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@harveyzuckerman1

Ah, my apologies a Mac user here. I missed that information in your opening post.

Ok, now I have my Windows machine up. I see the export option when I select an item and right-click or have multiple items selected. What version of the application are you using?

Help > About 1Password

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Hi ag! So I see that, and tried to do it. Problem is when I select items (which I'm guessing are the various logins) and right click I just get the standard SAVE AS, PRINT options. Nothing says EXPORT??

Using version 1.22.3. Added a couple of screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

• Removed by staff for your privacy.
  • @harveyzuckerman1

I removed your screenshots for your privacy as this is a public forum. I believe the problem lies in you are trying to use the export feature within 1Password X and the website. That option is only available within the native apps. The screenshot you included was of the webpage view of 1Password.com.

Export with 1Password 7.

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member

The first sceenshot was the windows app. I open it by clicking the extension. What you see is what appears.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@harveyzuckerman1

1Password X does not have a native application. It runs only in the browser as an extension. Thats what you're seeing in your screentshot. You would need to install or use the native Windows version to export.

• harveyzuckerman1
    harveyzuckerman1
    Community Member

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Let us know if you require further assistance with it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.