ask for a second password for higher sensitivity passwords

thinktwicelah
thinktwicelah
Community Member

Most passwords are not so sensitive and for convenience, it makes more sense to rely on FaceId to access them.
However, a small subset of passwords are very sensitive, and I would want for these 'more sensitive' passwords, to have the option that a second password should be required.

If I am robbed and asked for iPhone pin (which I would have to give), having this second-level of security would mean that these 'more sensitive' passwords could not be accessed.

This would provide a great level of protection than other password managers don't have. This would also be more convenient that the travel vault which is hard to activate/deactivate on the go.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two levels of security for specific items

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thinktwicelah! Welcome to the forum!

If I am robbed and asked for iPhone pin (which I would have to give), having this second-level of security would mean that these 'more sensitive' passwords could not be accessed.

The robber would not have access to your 1Password data in this case. The iPhone PIN is not enough to unlock your 1Password data, you still need to enter your Master Password (or unlock with biometrics) before you can access any of your 1Password items, not just the most sensitive ones.

• thinktwicelah
    thinktwicelah
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer. That would indeed take care of my concern. But I thought that they could use my iPhone PIN in order to add their face as an unlock mechanism, and then access 1password. Is it not the case ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@thinktwicelah:

If you try to change the biometrics information in iOS, the next time you try to authenticate to 1Password, you would be prompted for your Master Password before you can use FaceID again ;)

This discussion has been closed.