2FA Not Working with GoDaddy

Options
shepster
shepster
Community Member

I turned on two factor authentication with GoDaddy. My login seems to work, but it is asking "Please enter the 6-digit verification code your mobile application "1Password" generated". When I enter the number I get the message "Incorrect code"

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.1
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:2FA Not Working with GoDaddy

Comments

• @shepster

The team is working on resolving a bug where the one-time password may be off in the helper/mini. If you copy it directly from the 1Password app, does it work for you? Some others in the forum have mentioned they waited until the helper/mini one-time password cycles to get the code from the mini. Please let me know if that helps. Do you see something different?

• shepster
    shepster
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I'm not noticing a difference between the extension and the application. I've taken a password and have kept trying it a couple of cycles longer. Still doesn't work.

I've tried it using Brave, Safari, on macOS 10 and macOS 11. None have allowed me to log in. I tried it yesterday and today as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shepster:

If this keeps failing for you, the very first thing that is worth checking is if the time is the same on all of your devices. 2FA is very time-sensitive, so any drift in time on any of your devices could cause the authenticator codes to be rejected.

A good resource that makes it easy to check this is the following website:

https://time.is/

After making sure the time is the same on every one of your devices, your authenticator codes should be accepted.

• shepster
    shepster
    Community Member
    Options

I've verified my time is in sync with time.is. I have tried this from the 1Password app from my Mac mini macOS 10.15.7 and my MacBook Pro macOS 11.1. The OTP are synced with each other comparing the two next to each other.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shepster:

Thank you for the confirmation. Is this the only website where 2FA is not working, or do you see the same behavior for everyone of your accounts where you have 2FA enabled?

• shepster
    shepster
    Community Member
    Options

I tried it with DocuSign and was able to log in successfully with the OTP.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shepster:

It is possible that the TOTP secret was wrong in the first place then. Can you please temporarily disable 2FA for Godaddy and enable it again with a new QR code? Do you see the same issue with a new secret?

• kawaz
    kawaz
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana @ag_tommy
    I am convinced that this problem is a bug in 1Password mini. Look at the screen capture of this tweet.

Problem Details:
    When I open 1Password mini, if the default selected password entry has a one-time password, the value seems to be in the last state it was in the last time I viewed it. Not only does it look like this, but if you copy the code to the clipboard, you get the wrong old value as shown.
    In the video, the pinned window and the 1PasswordMini window are shown side by side. The two codes should have the same value, but the two values and the timer do not match. This is a complete bug.

@shepster
    Current workaround:

• You can get the correct value by discarding the first value displayed in 1Password Mini and using the next value.
    • Alternatively, you can get the correct value by moving up and down once and re-selecting the item.
  • kawaz
    kawaz
    Community Member
    Options
    • This problem occurs when you open 1PasswordMini from the tray icon. This was the first time I noticed the bug.
    • Later, I confirmed that the problem also occurs with Chrome extensions.
    • The problem also occurred in the main 1Password window. Please minimize and redisplay the window with a pause of at least a few seconds. You will see that the one-time password values and timers are not changing when they should be.

I haven't found a way to reproduce this with pinned windows yet, but it looks like there may be a way to make it happen.

They all have one thing in common: they all occur when redisplaying a hidden window. I think there is a problem with the initialization process of the one-time password in the part related to the reappearance of the window.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's indeed possible that this bug is related, so this test is certainly worth a try :+1:

This discussion has been closed.