Sync issues between Edge and Desktop App

harpal
harpal
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm using Microsoft Edge browser (Version 87.0.664.75) and 1Password Mac Desktop App 7. I generated two passwords yesterday within the Edge browser using the extension and they didn't show up on their own at all in the Mac App. I tried to look for a forced sync option but couldn't find any.

I managed to make it work by "editing" the passwords in the browser after which it presumably kicked in the forced sync and password showed up immediately in the Desktop App.

I use Chrome and Firefox plugins too but never faced a sync issue there.

Is this a known bug? If Edge plugin in beta?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: macOS Catalina (10.15.7)
Sync Type: Browser <> Mac App
Referrer: forum-search:edge sync

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harpal! 👋

That doesn't sound like a known issue, no. I'd be curious to learn more if it happens again. Would you mind grabbing your 1Password X log if you happen to catch it? You can find the instructions for grabbing your log here. I wonder if your 1Password account needed to be re-authenticated in Edge. 🤔 The log should give us more info in case it does come up again.

• harpal
    harpal
    Community Member

Thanks Kaitlyn. It was a fresh install of the Edge browser if it helps. I tried adding a new password to replicate the issue and it sort of replicated as below:

• Created a new password via browser plugin in Edge.
    • Checked the Firefox browser plugin (password immediately available).
    • Checked Mac app (password not available right away - bug); waited for a minute or so, then available

Either there is a lag with sync. or an issue with sync whereby it syncs a minute after using the Mac app (earlier I opened after 24 hrs).

Is it okay to attach the log here on a public forum?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@harpal:

There should not be anything sensitive in there, but to err on the side of caution, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.