wrong password entered

Options
47beideman
47beideman
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

using safari 14.0.2, macos 10.14.6, 1P 7.7

when I try to log into google

[https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier?service=cl&passive=1209600&osid=1&continue=https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/customday&followup=https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/customday&scc=1&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin]

I get a selection box with the various google credentials our family stores. I want to use mine but when I click on it in the dropdown, a different google password gets entered.

Steven

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac os14.0.2
Sync Type: family account
Referrer: forum-search:wrong account password entered safari mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @47beideman!

I want to use mine but when I click on it in the dropdown, a different google password gets entered.

What different Google password gets entered exactly?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

a google credentials from my 18 year old

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

I have 7 different google password records in 1P

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@47beideman:

Thank you for the clarification. What is the value of the website field for these Google accounts inside 1Password? I wonder if the URL for this account that gets filled is different from the others.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

good catch. oh these web sites continuously changing the url's for login! this must drive you guys nuts. I find this is especially true on healthcare related web sites - changed url's all the time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@47beideman:

So if you update the URL on these logins, and you make sure that all of them use the same, are things behaving as you expect?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

don't know. I'm trying to figure out how to get google to ask for my login again in the seem manner as before. [I despise google].

will report back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, thank you :+1:

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

yes it was the url. the old url associated with my account still worked though - which brings me to this question:

• assume there are 2 urls entered in a password record - url1 and url2.
    • the user loads web site url2
    • when user uses 1P to select the password record and hits "fill", 1P sees the url2 in the record and fills.

all well and good.

what happens in the case where there are multiple 1P records that are associated with the same general website - in my case google. if the user is on website url1 but that url is in second position in the 1P record and there are other 1P records that have url1 in the first position, is that where the problem I discovered comes into play?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @47beideman ,

If multiple logins exist for the same URL in 1Password, then when you try to autofill 1Password will suggest all possible options. That's not the issue.
    I believe the issue is that Google remembers the last user that was signed in, so the next time you want to log in to a different account and reach Google's login page, it will ask for the password of the last user that was signed in (which might not be the user you want to sign in with).

When you get to that login page, make sure Google asks you for the user's email first, because if it asks for your password first, it means Google already selected to which email address you are trying to log into. In such a case, you can click the email it has selected above the password field, and it will give you a list of possible emails it remembers that you can select from. That is the only way to get the correct login for the correct account you need.

While Google is trying to make your life easier by remembering to which account you want to log into, it can definitely be confusing if you have more than a couple of accounts, so the only thing you need to check when you log into Google is to which email account is selected by Google.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for that. google trying to make things easier - ha! that's like thinking that letting a thief into your house is a good way to reduce clutter.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@47beideman:

On behalf of ag_yaron, you are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.