Exporting Data

I am trying to export my data and cant find an export option.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to export my data and cant find an export option.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DMBD1935! Welcome to the forum!

Are you following these instructions?

How to export data from 1Password

If you are, where exactly are you getting stuck?

• DMBD1935
    DMBD1935
    Community Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am attempting to follow the instructions you reference. I get stuck on item #3. When I right click on an item, there is no option to export.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DMBD1935:

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I have just tested this and I can see the Export... item in the menu that appears:

So it would be great to see what exactly you are seeing when you right click on an item.

• DMBD1935
    DMBD1935
    Community Member

I can't seem to get the screenshot to record exactly what I see when I attempt to do as you appear to be doing. Exactly where did you right click to get that menu? I cannot duplicate what you show.!

When I right click on an item, I get my usual right click menu items such as Back, Forward, Reload, etc. When I take a screenshot, the right click menu does not show up in the screenshot.

• DMBD1935
    DMBD1935
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

[removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information-- this is a public forum]

• DMBD1935
    DMBD1935
    Community Member

Above is the screenshot-I hope!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DMBD1935:

I am using the 1Password for Windows desktop app, while you are on the 1Password.com website. Exporting can only be done from the app, so please download it from here.

I have also removed your screenshot for your privacy since it included your email address ;)

• MSimon
    MSimon
    Community Member

Hi, I suggest that the 'How to export data from 1Password' title is amended with the word 'application', and the text either has a section that states it relates to the application or a sentence in the step-by-step instruction that makes it clear. The current wording - while unambiguous - is not straightforward to refer to the apps only.
    But if this is a rare problem for users, it may not be worth the trouble. ;-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @MSimon :+1: :)

• dufflm79
    dufflm79
    Community Member

This is so frustrating. I 100% agree with MSimon. This misunderstanding comes up over and over again within the community board, based upon my search.

I imagine this is not being addressed because 1Password does not want to highlight this fact (understandably).

I was exiting for other U/I frustrations, but this issue, 1Password's approach, and the amount of time I wasted to get to this point makes it a low probability I come back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dufflm79:

Sorry to hear about this, but thank you for the feedback! The documentation page about exporting data mention instructions for 1Password 7 and 1Password 4, it does not mention the website. How do you recommend we make it clearer? I'll be happy to pass your thoughts to the documentation team. Thank you!

• wynmiller
    wynmiller
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am having this problem but I AM using the app. Here's what it looks like when I attempt to right-click the logins...

• wynmiller
    wynmiller
    Community Member

If my account is frozen, could that be why I can't export? In which case that's not fair, I paid for a year, I ought to be able to keep my own data.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@wynmiller That looks like 1Password mini, not the 1Password desktop app. In the systray, right click on the 1Password icon and select Open 1Password app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wynmiller:

You can export data from a frozen account too, so that is not the reason. As rootzero pointed out, can you try from the 1Password for Windows main desktop app?

• wynmiller
    wynmiller
    Community Member

Thanks! That solved it!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is great to hear @wynmiller, thank you for the update :)

• Estelam
    Estelam
    Community Member

Hi there, I need help. I have over 200 passwords on 1 password through my employer. After 7 years, I am leaving my job for a new job. I need all my passwords. Am I trapped in using 1 password forever???? I tried to export the file and it is encrypted PIF and cannot import it into chrome. Please help!!!

• Hi @Estelam, it looks like we got you sorted out in another thread. Be sure to get in touch in the future if you ever need anything!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.