To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Never Sent Secret Key

Options
bridget_hall
bridget_hall
Community Member

Hello -I registered an account this morning but was never sent a secret key, and can't log in without a secret key. I've already been sent a trial invoice with invoice # in_1I9vc7HBax7L5HDf9Dig9wHb . I need to change my subscription prior to the end of the 7 day trial period but cannot access billing without a secret key. I appreciate your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@bridget_hall

I see you have sent us an email. Let's keep the conversation going there as we do not discuss private account details in the open forum.

One note is that we do not send you a Secret Key. It is never sent by email or other means. Instead, it must be downloaded via your account. One thing you might try is using the same browser and device you used to register. Visit https://my.1password.com . You should be prompted to sign in with your Master Password if the browser retained your last visit. If so, print out a copy of your Emergency Kit.

ref: NVC-78452-578

• bridget_hall
    bridget_hall
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy - I appreciate you continuing to help on email - I was never prompted to log on at all - I was only ever able to download a Chrome attachment which no longer works. I appreciate you continuing to help with this issue via email

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021
    Options

On behalf of Tommy, you are very welcome @bridget_hall :) I see that my colleague Ronan has already replied to your email, so let's keep the conversation over there so we have everything in one place :+1:

• jerryk
    jerryk
    Community Member
    Options

Unable to find your very stupid key

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jerryk:

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a hard time finding your Secret Key. For your privacy and security, your Secret Key is only accessible to you. Please see this guide for all the ways to access your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

• Claramai
    Claramai
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I have made a subscription on iOS. I signed in via the six-digit code, and now it ask me to login. To login I need the "the secret key" - but I have never received a secret key. And to download the secret key, I need to login... I'm confused in so many ways.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Claramai:

Have you tried the suggestions in my previous post? If you subscribed on iOS, the quickest way to see your Secret Key would be directly within the 1Password for iOS app, without even having to download it.

• Claramai
    Claramai
    Community Member
    Options

My problem is, that I am not logged in on the iOS app - I was yesterday, when I registered, but today it wants me to login again, but since I don't know half of the info, I can't.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Claramai:

Understood, thank you for the clarification! In this case, since it doesn't look like you have entered any information in the 1Password app, the quickest solution would be to delete this account and create a new one, so you can store the Secret Key this time.

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Claramai
    Claramai
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - already done!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Claramai:

Perfect, thank you! I see your email conversation, I will let my colleague Kristen continue helping you over there :)

ref: DUT-93711-188

This discussion has been closed.