Passwords no longer being auto suggested when match to URLs in beta 4 on macOS 10.15.7

mikehermary
mikehermary
Community Member

Hello,

The 1Password contextual menu in all browsers is not recognizing the URLs that have passwords assigned to them, thus preventing easier autofill. When I visit any URL, I have to search for the specific login instead of it automatically being surfaced by the app. This was working in 1Password 7.7 before I updated to beta 4. The update was done to try and improve the performance of the app on macOS Catalina.

There is a "Suggestions" select dropdown, but I prefer having the app automatically surface the matched logins.

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: 7.7.1
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikehermary!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the correct list of Logins now?

• mikehermary
    mikehermary
    Community Member

Hello,

I used the "Quit 1Password Completely" command and restarted my MacBook Pro, but the linked list of logins is still not showing.

The mini contextual menu is working in Safari, but the suggestions for other browsers always defaults to "Favourites". The "Suggestions" select dropdown recognizes the URL attached to the logins, but the list does not.

Cheers,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mikehermary:

The mini contextual menu is working in Safari, but the suggestions for other browsers always defaults to "Favourites".

If you open 1Password Preferences > Mini tab, have you configured it to open to Favourites by default perhaps?

• mikehermary
    mikehermary
    Community Member

Hello,

That solved the issue, though I do not recall changing it to "Favourites" in the past. Maybe something was tweaked when updating to version 7.7. It feels like it was a buggy release with all of the slowness Catalina users have been experiencing.

Cheers,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear that @mikehermary, but I am happy that setting the menu solved this issue :+1: When it comes to the performance issues, I know our developers are investigating them for those users who are still experiencing them, so hopefully we will have an update for that soon too.

This discussion has been closed.