Can 1Password X no longer use TouchID?

richardtstovall
richardtstovall
Community Member

Awhile back you could set 1Password X to open the regular app's unlock prompt and thereby use TouchID to login. It also synced the lock/unlock status with the main app so I never had to login in two places. Anybody know what happened to that feature? I don't see a setting for it anymore.

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• We temporarily disable the app integration from 1Password Beta a while ago because we want to focus more on improving a new feature and making the app integration more reliable. However, please don't worry. We do have the plan to bring them back better than ever. I can't tell you the exact date, but please rest assured that we are not giving up on the feature. You can go here for more information about our decision.

In the meantime, if you want to unlock 1Password using touchID, please switch to the standard extension for your browser.

• GreggeGregg
    GreggeGregg
    Community Member

I apologize, but I don't think I am tracking this right. Are you saying that if I use this Chrome extension, Touch ID will work?
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-x-–-password-ma/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

I am using 12.22.3 but Touch ID does not seem to work; it only works when I use the desktop app.

FWIW, I just got this machine that has Touch ID (and I love it!), so I understand I could be doing something wrong...if so, thank you for your help!

Gregg

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@GreggeGregg:

I apologize, but I don't think I am tracking this right. Are you saying that if I use this Chrome extension, Touch ID will work?

Not that one, this one ;)

I am using 12.22.3 but Touch ID does not seem to work; it only works when I use the desktop app.

Correct, 1Password X will receive Touch ID support in a future update :)

This discussion has been closed.