To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to move from corporate to private account?

Options
albie
albie
Community Member

Hello! I'm new in the Community. I've been happily using 1Password across multiple devices (PC + iOS) for a year or so under a corporate provided account. I have my own single vault, which includes all my private and work-related data.

I'm leaving the company and would like to continue using 1Password, so presume this means I need to set up a new vault, that can be converted to a personal account? or does it just convert? Can I copy entries from 1 vault to another? I have about 90 entries, and almost all of them are personal, so I want to keep them, and hopefully not have to retype all the info.

How do I proceed? Thanks for the help!

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @albie! Welcome to the forum!

The way to do this is to create your separate 1Password account (Individual or Families), and then move your existing data to it.

I'm leaving the company and would like to continue using 1Password, so presume this means I need to set up a new vault, that can be converted to a personal account? or does it just convert? Can I copy entries from 1 vault to another?

Here is what you should do:

1. Sign up for your own 1Password account
    2. Add your personal 1Password account to the same 1Password app where you are using your business account
    3. Move your existing items from your business account to your personal account

Now all your items will be in your new personal account, which you can remove from your company machine :)

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member
    Options

This is good, but what about the other way around? I have a private account, and my company is considering getting a business account. I don't want to lose my family account (although it might be nice to get the company to pay for it). Also, I don't want to lose my family data (obviously).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dcblack56:

I have a private account, and my company is considering getting a business account. I don't want to lose my family account (although it might be nice to get the company to pay for it). Also, I don't want to lose my family data (obviously).

Every 1Password account is separate, and you can have more than one. If your company gives you a Business account, your Families account will remain where it is ;)

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member
    Options

Does this mean I have to log in & out of 1Password depending on which one I need? This would be a real hassle. My work and personal computer are the same machine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dcblack56:

No, you can use multiple accounts at the same time in the 1Password app:

How to use multiple accounts

This discussion has been closed.