1Password super slow on Big Sur

julienvs
julienvs
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using 1Password since version 4 and I always loved it.
The latest edition is however about to make me move to another solution:

• Unlocking the vault in the browser takes up to 10 seconds
  • Unlocking 1password using my finger takes ages and makes me just enter my password (more than 10 seconds)
  • The new mini-vault is just terrible and pops up all the time in annoying places

Am I the only one?
I wanted to share this feedback as I loved 1Password but feel really disappointed right now.

Cheers,

Julien

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: 1Password (team)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @julienvs! Welcome to the forum!

Our developers are aware of cases in which the 1Password app can be slow and they are currently investigating this. If you would like to send us some logs to make sure this is related or not, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• tcorney
    tcorney
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same slow behaviour on my system with Big Sur. When unlocking I am waiting almost 30 seconds.

@ag_ana I will download the diagnostic app and email in the report. This is getting to be beyond frustrating for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @tcorney! Let us know when you have received your ticket number and we will take a look :+1:

• tcorney
    tcorney
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thank. My ticket # is NIA-18687-617. Look forward to what you find.

• @tcorney

I see one of my colleagues has replied to your ticket. Let's keep the discussion going there to prevent duplication of efforts.

• I'm going to hop in on this. I have the same issue with any sort of editing / saving I do.

I'm on Big Sur using 1Password7 and have to wait close to 1 minute after saving any edits to a login. It's pretty unbearable.

• @loganmjung

Have you given1Password a complete quit? Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.
  • @ag_tommy Yup! Somehow that worked.

• That's great to hear.

This discussion has been closed.