hotkey

Options

Hello, within Windows the Hotkey "CTRL + . " is unresponsive. Any suggestions how to repair?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10, 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hotkey

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TrojanerGarde,

I do not see CTRL + . in the list of the available shortcuts for 1Password 7 for Windows. could you please specify where did you find it?

Also, please tell me what kind of 1Password extension you have in your browser now. Maybe you installed 1Password X?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• TrojanerGarde
    TrojanerGarde
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Greg, this is a screenshot from my firefox browser.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @TrojanerGarde!

I also was wondering about the naming of the shortcut "CTRL+Period" because on a German keyboard the shortcut is "STRG+#". Just open 1Password Windows app. Here you can see in the settings which shortcuts are set.

Maybe this helps?

• Hey there @TrojanerGarde and @DenalB!

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+period is the default shortcut for 1Password X when used in Firefox (as Firefox uses Ctrl+Shift+X by default already).

Could you try rebooting your device, and let me know if the keyboard shortcut starts to work? If it does not, could you try changing the keyboard shortcut to something else, and see if it responds to that changed shortcut?

You can change the keyboard shortcut by right-clicking the 1Password X icon and selecting Settings, then making a change under the Shortcuts heading on the resulting page.

• TrojanerGarde
    TrojanerGarde
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

Solved!

• @TrojanerGarde That's great! I'm glad we got things running for you. :chuffed:

Feel free to reach out if I can do anything else to help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.